Build to Rent development is an emerging sector of the residential market and has been attracting significant private and institutional interest. It is also a new sector with little precedent in the Australian market.
Charter Keck Cramer is at the forefront of the Build to Rent sector. We have already acted for a number of public and private sector clients in the Build to Rent sector.
Our range of Build to Rent work includes:
- Local supply profiling – measuring historical, recent and pipeline supply at the local level,
- Demand analysis – detailed demographic profiling of renters within local markets,
- Rental market performance – trends in median rents by apartment size, as well as depth of demand across different rental price points,
- Rental absorption rates – rental churn, average time to let, etc.,
- Rental market forecasting – 5 and 10 year rental market forecasting at a building, suburb or defined catchment level,
- Building benchmarking – measuring the impacts of location, age of building, building amenity, etc, on rents,
- Valuation and advisory.
We use our proprietary National Apartment Database that tracks all projects of 10+ apartments, allowing the creation of unique datasets and bespoke Build to Rent solutions:
- Charter Keck Cramer can discern between broader ‘unit’ rents for which rental data is typically provided, and apartment only rents, which is more relevant in Build to Rent rental analysis,
- Rental evidence can be married up against specific projects to help provide benchmarking of rents at the building level, identifying rents in new or premium buildings.
Contact our team to see how our multi-disciplinary capabilities in residential property can deliver the best solution for your Build to Rent project.
*The Charter Keck Cramer National Apartment Database tracks all Australian capital cities including: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra.
Richard Temlett | National Executive Director | Research
Patrick McNulty | National Director | Advisory
Brendan Woolley | Director | Research (Sydney, NSW)