Save significant time and capital when you engage Charter to negotiate your commercial, retail or industrial leases and deliver the optimum accommodation for your business.
Negotiating a lease for commercial premises requires a specific skill set. At Charter, we have experts dedicated to this specific service to ensure our clients secure the best possible accommodation at the most competitive terms.
Our experts are specialists on all commercial lease related matters and purchasing negotiations, consistently delivering:
- Significant time savings to management
- Optimal leasing deal to provide long-term cost savings
- Reduced legal fees
- Focused and independent specialist attention to property issues that are non-core business matters for Clients
- Reduced risks from potential future cost legacies (make goods).
The most critical factor that drives results is early engagement. Engagement at least 6-12 months before your lease expires will allow key issues to be identified and ensure we deliver the most intelligent strategy for you. We can also assist if the accommodation decision has been left shorter than the optimal time frame.
We have reviewed, secured and negotiated over 1.5 million sq.m. of commercial space on a national scale – generating cost savings and benefits for clients of up to 10 to 30 times the cost of our fees.
In the past 12 months, Charter has delivered:
- Strategic engagements across every Capital City.
- Office, Retail and Industrial leases negotiated across large and small premises (200 sq.m. to in excess of 20,000 sq.m.)
- Execution of successful negotiations and strategic advice to tenant and landlord Clients
- 56,000 sq.m. of new office leases negotiated (in excess of 20 transactions)
- 54,000 sq.m. of new industrial leases negotiated
- Acquisition of numerous properties on behalf of clients
- Coordination and undertaking of substantial due diligence for a variety of properties purchased on behalf of clients.
Our Tenancy & Accommodation Solutions include:
- Workplace planning and strategy advice – ensuring your strategic workforce and space planning objectives are aligned with premise selection;
- Lease reviews, variations, negotiation
- Tenant representation and negotiation
- Market Research, analysis, reporting & negotiation of market leading incentives
- Lease termination or exit negotiations – assignment, sub-letting, transfers and lease surrender payments
- Negotiation of “make good” clauses
- Landlord representation and negotiation
- Market rent reviews & rental submissions to determining valuers
- Portfolio reviews and audits
- Assistance with business cases and board papers
- Fit out co-ordination
- Acquisition and divestment advice
Discover more about how Charter’s suite of services can help you to identify and unlock hidden equity and value: