Click here for a downloadable copy.
The construction industry is facing many challenges in the current environment, which is placing undue pressure on builders, their subcontractors and suppliers. This environment includes reduced builders’ margins, on-site and off-site productivity losses, tighter lending criteria, a stretched pool of resources, utility and authority delays, Council delays, uncertainty around the benefits of overseas procurement, as well as the overarching responsibility of meeting programme, cost and quality expectations.
Charter Keck Cramer’s Project Management team has the experience, capability, resources and an in-depth understanding of the key issues impacting projects to facilitate the development and execution of a tailored strategy in guiding a project to completion.
Key considerations include:
- Ensuring a detailed understanding of the financial position of the project at all times (including payments to subcontractors and suppliers)
- Detailed record keeping of all documentation and project related correspondence.
- Being sympathetic and understanding of the financial situation of the builder, its subcontractors and suppliers and where possible, engage with subcontractors and suppliers to complete the project
- Ensuring contracturlal obligations between parties are thoroughly understood and addressed
- Ensuring the project financier is kept well-informed throughout the process
- In conjunction with the client (and with the assistance of the quantity surveyor), developing a revised budget / cost to complete the project, taking into account trade negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers, along with making due allowance for preliminaries / overheads and defects rectification
- Working closely with clients to ensure a consistent and positive message is communicated to key stakeholders and keeping them regulalrly informed of the process through to completion
- Project delivery to the highest possible standard, taking into account existing (and potential future) defective work and the responsibility to rectify this work
Charter is available to discuss your individual circumstances to ascertain whether we can assist, whilst maintaining strict confidentiality and independence.
Robust financial control is paramount to ensuring successful project delivery and cost mitigatation. Charter Keck Cramer’s Quantity Surveying and Project Management teams work collaboratively to facilitate this.
Charter’s Capital team can also assist in supporting developers and builders by connecting a capital partner to the project to provide senior debt, enabling continuation of a project through to completion.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with any one of the the key personnel on the left hand side of this page more information.