Charter Civil Engineering provides a complete range of specialist civil and urban infrastructure services across the full land development cycle, from initial feasibility to delivery.
Our qualified engineers strive to provide practical, economical and environmentally sustainable solutions which will ensure that the development reaches its full potential.
The Civil Engineering team recognises the client’s needs and expectations and provides impeccable service, experience and sought after knowledge to deliver highly accurate advice.
Charter Keck Cramer’s Projects team recently conducted a Residential Land Subdivision on NH01 – Verdant Hill, Tarneit.
Neighbourhood 1 Verdant Hill Subdivision is in the developing suburb of Tarneit, West of Melbourne’s Central Business District. Key design challenges were to balance earthworks throughout six stages and maintain stormwater quality through a designed sedimentation pond discharging to Dry Creek. Charter prepared development feasibilities, infrastructure strategies and negotiated servicing conditions with authorities and service providers. The Project was completed to the overall satisfaction of the client.
Image: NH01 Verdant Hill, Tarneit – Project view prior to commencement
Key Construction Facts
• $14.4 million construction contract value
• New Residential Subdivision included 231 lots development and five super lots
• Development consisted of delivering two major road intersection works, Tarneit Road and Doherty Road to meet council and public transport design requirement
• Delivering DN300 Water main on behalf of City West Water authority
• Sewer education agreement and co-ordination with truck sewer outfall
• Re-habitat existing creek to Melbourne Water satisfaction
• Statement of Compliance for last stage in November 2019
Charter Keck Cramer’s Role & Project Outcome
• Charter provided Civil Engineer, Land Surveyor and Project Management Services managing the overall subdivision from design concept to end of construction
• Project Management of all engineering and surveying requirements at Planning Permit Phase
• Client reporting – budgets, costs to date, programme, authorities and safety
• Management of title consolidation and environmental plan
• Design and approval of all Road and Drainage works to council and Melbourne Water requirements
• Design and approval of all sewer and water mains as accredited design consultant
• Tender of subdivisional works
• The survey of the pre-existing undulating semi-rural property to inform planning, design and construction requirements
• Construction, contract superintendence and water authority audits
• Oversight of OHS&R, environmental, construction and quality assurance systems and procedures
• Team of Licensed Surveyors managed the multi staged subdivision process
• Charter Keck Cramer provided delivery of new titles through the Surveying and Planning through Electronic Applications and Referrals (SPEAR) platform
Image: NH01 Verdant Hill, Tarneit – Project view upon completion.
For more information or to enquire about these case studies and this service, please contact our listed professionals.