Charter project managed the development of the Cancer Centre at St Vincent’s Hospital, working closely with the Client, key stakeholders and the builder. The new centre included:
- a purpose built patient treatment facility
- 10 consulting suites
- Counselling and support services rooms
- Pharmacy (including Dispensary and Clean Room)
- Procedure and Therapy Rooms
- 22 bed Patient Treatment Facility
- Stand alone accommodation building for Ambulance Victoria
Key challenges included working within an existing operational building envelope, managing a number of latent building conditions associated with the refurbishment of an existing building and ensuring the busy outpatients facility on the floor below was not adversely affected during construction.
BENEFITS TO ST VINCENT’S
Charter provided continual advice throughout the project on potential cost savings and construction methodologies and successfully delivered the project whilst remaining sensitive to the Client, staff and patient needs throughout the process.