Rob Toms is a Director of Charter Keck Cramer, a leading Australian strategic property consulting firm. He joined Charter in February 2004 and is responsible for the Quantity Surveying business unit.
His career in quantity surveying spans more than 29 years, of which the past 25 years have been in Australia. He has held various management positions and is a former Director of Rawlinsons (Aust) Pty Ltd and of The Rawlinsons Group. Rob’s experience in quantity surveying and cost management services covers the full spectrum of the building and construction industry, from simple to major complex projects.
Rob has been involved in a number of prestigious projects, including New Parliament House, Canberra, Crown Casino Melbourne, the Glen Waverley Shopping Centre redevelopment, Commonwealth Law Courts, Adelaide and National Wine Centre, Adelaide.
Academic qualifications and relevant industry associations.
- Bachelor of Science (Quantity Surveying)-University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, Durban, South Africa.
- Associate member of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AAIQS).
- Quality Assurance Auditing Course (Australian Organisation for Quality).
- Cost planning and cost modelling.
- Feasibility studies.
- Lifecycle costing.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Elemental and functional area cost analysis.
- Evaluation of design options.
- Preparing schedules of rates, bills of quantities, etc.
- Specification writing.
- Tender evaluation and reporting.
- Value management.
- Insurance replacement valuations.
- Tax depreciation and scheduling.
- Final accounts.
- Construction cost auditing.
- Post contract services (including progress claim payments, financial reporting and control).
- Office management.