Peter Hutchins is the Chief Executive of Charter Keck Cramer, a leading Australian strategic property consulting firm. Peter specialises in providing property solutions to the private, institutional and Government sectors in the areas of investment, development, CRE portfolio management and strategic planning.
With over 20 years’ property experience, Peter is a Certified Property Practitioner member of the Australian Property Institute. Peter appears as an expert witness in the Supreme Court and has represented clients in matters of Family Law, VCAT hearings and Valuer General’s conferences. He also is a Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (F.Fin) and has been a regular lecturer for that Institute since 1995 in various property courses held by its Education department, as well as being a guest lecturer at Melbourne University and RMIT.
In contrast to its global peers, the Australian property market offers sophisticated investors an extremely homogenous opportunity set. A “private equity” approach to Australian property has historically been the sole domain of direct property investors; Charter Private Equity offers five core attributes:
- Superior quality deal flow
- Rigorous research-driven analysis
- Proactive post-acquisition management
- Effective financial engineering
- Alignment of manager/investor interests.
This investment approach delivers higher portfolio returns whilst investors are safeguarded by the highest level of corporate governance.
Academic qualifications and relevant industry associations.
- Bachelor of Business (Property) – RMIT.
- Associate of the Australian Property Institute – API Member No. 62486.
- Certified Property Practitioner – Australian Property Institute.
- Member of the Property Council of Australia.
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia.
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- Member of Facilities Management Australia.
- Member of CoreNet Global.
- Transaction Management.
- Accommodation Planning & Procurement.
- Private Equity Management.