Edmund D’Cruz is a Director of Charter Keck Cramer, a leading Australian strategic property consulting firm. He joined Charter in July 1999 and is responsible for the Quantity Surveying and Project Management Business Units.
Edmund has over 25 years’ experience working both in the Melbourne market and Asia Pacific region. In addition to his work experience in Melbourne, he spent eight years with a leading Quantity Surveying practice, working in Hong Kong, Singapore and Vietnam.
He has extensive Quantity Surveying experience on a wide range of project types and scales, including banking fit-outs, retail, hospitality, railway stations and infrastructure works, educational, industrial, commercial, aged care, residential and subdivisions.
Academic qualifications and relevant industry associations.
- Bachelor of Building – The University of Melbourne.
- Bachelor of Planning and Design-The University of Melbourne.
- Associate Member of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AAIQS).
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
- Registered Building Practitioner – Building Commission Victoria.
- Cost planning and cost modelling.
- Feasibility studies.
- Life-cycle costing.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Elemental and functional area cost analysis.
- Evaluation of design options.
- Preparing schedules of rates, bills of quantities, etc.
- Specification writing.
- Tender evaluation and reporting.
- Value management.
- Insurance replacement valuations.
- Tax depreciation and scheduling.
- Final accounts.
- Construction cost auditing.
- Post contract services (including progress claim payments, financial reporting and control).
- Expert witness.
- Project management.