Charles Windeyer is a dynamic property professional with a diversity of experience and interests that have developed over the course of 15 years working in architecture, project and development management, facilities management and community administration.
Charles has experience in the delivery of projects from conception through to contract completion and has particular abilities in bringing creative thinking, practical implementation and environmental sensibilities to all project management and property strategy tasks. Charles has experience delivering projects and programs of work in complex delivery environments and has worked in both urban and remote Australia and overseas.
Charles joined Charter Keck Cramer in 2008.
Academic qualifications and relevant industry associations.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Environmental Design – University of Canberra 1995.
- Bachelor of Architecture with Honours first class – University of Melbourne 1998.
- Registered Architect Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territory (non practising).
- Green Building Council of Australia, Green Star Accredited
- Property advice, pre-feasibility analysis and land realisation strategies for Victorian Government departments and agencies including Major Projects Victoria, Department of Planning and Community Development and VicTrack on major urban development, regeneration, infill and transport projects and sites including Metro 1, Werribee Employment Precinct, E-Gate and Federation Square East.
- Master plan feasibility analysis and development management for the complete redevelopment of Moonee Valley racecourse including: new track, grandstand and racing facilities, and a multi-stage major residential and commercial mixed use development.
- Development and project management of major industrial facilities for Five Mile Press and United Book Distributors comprising high bay warehousing and corporate office accommodation delivered under a combination of design and construct, and construction management procurement.
- Leasing and tenancy and facility management of major industrial facilities occupied by Sigma Pharmaceuticals, Nintendo, Hagemeyer and Funtastic.
- Project manager for delivery of a new Cadbury Schweppes manufacturing building at an existing site in Scoresby. This was the largest building component in Cadbury’s reorganisation of confectionary production in Australia and New Zealand.
- 833 Bourke Street, Docklands – assistant project manager for a $5.5 million office fit-out for the National Union of Workers and associated superannuation fund, the Labour Union Co-Operative Retirement Fund
- Perkins Shipping, Darwin – development of a property and implementation strategy for Perkins Shipping including sourcing new sea accessible industrial land to meet future accommodation needs and optimising the ongoing use and future potential of the existing waterfront landholdings adjacent Darwin’s city centre.
- Victoria University – Analysis and strategic advice regarding the teaching accommodation requirements and options to meet the future growth and needs of the university within the Footscray precinct and existing campuses. Property advice and lease negotiations on the upgrading and expansion of student accommodation options.
- Freemasons Victoria – Property analysis and strategy for East Melbourne landholdings including the Dallas Brooks Centre. Accommodation and membership location analysis and relationship mapping across entire Melbourne metropolitan membership and facilities.
- Major Projects Victoria – Property advice, pre-feasibility analysis and preliminary business case input on the procurement and leasing of purpose built environmentally sustainable government services office building in regional Victoria.
- Property advice, accommodation analysis and strategies to the Department of Human Services for proposed Monash Childrens’ Hospital, National Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO).