Accommodating this exceptional growth means that we need to start acting now to plan to meet the needs of those who reside or are planning to reside in our two main capital cities.
Fast facts about Australia 2050:
- The number of people living in Australia is expected to jump 60 per cent from 23.8 million today to nearly 38 million by 2050.
- Sydney and Melbourne’s populations are projected to explode by 80 per cent to reach almost 7.7 million residents each.
- We need 20 million m² more office space.
- We need 7 million m² of retail space.
- We need to build another 6 million additional homes in our cities.
- Our retirement facilities will need to hold 610,000 more residents than they hold now in 2015, which is an increase of 232 per cent.
- Child care facilities will need to increase their equivalent to capacity by 66 per cent.
Over the next few months, Charter will be investigating what our growing population means for infrastructure and development through a series of publications on our website.
The Australia 2050 video shows the exciting opportunities available as a result of the growth, the video can be found on our YouTube channel, we hope that could spare a moment to view the video and enjoy it.
For any further information on the above, please contact Peter Hutchins on 0408 388 639 or Katrina Toone on 0421 446 435.